The key to social media success is building a robust following. Anytime you start a new social media site or blog, you are starting from zero. It takes a long time and a lot of effort to build a significant following. That’s why we ask that you work with the ASCE social media team first, to see if there is a way for you to accomplish your goals through the social media sites where we are already building a following on a daily basis.
Common Sense Tips to Increase Your Followers
There’s no magic switch, but here are some good ways to let people know what you’re doing so that they can follow you.
- Register your site with the ASCE social media team. Follows, likes, a favorites from ASCE’s accounts can boost your social media footprint.
- Link to your social media site on your website homepage.
- Include a link to your social media site in emails to your member groups.
- Recruit a small group of dedicated volunteers to help you recruit the right audience and maintain an active site.
- On Twitter, follow people who you want to follow you back.
- On Facebook and LinkedIn, invite your colleagues who you are personally connected to you to like your page or join your group.
- Maintain a balance of promotional and valuable content to make it easy for users to want to connect with your group on social media.
- Analyze your efforts. Did a Facebook post get a lot of likes, or a tweet a lot of clicks? Try to figure out what resonates with your audience and do more of it to help organically grow your followers.